Ken Heemeryck has been a Town Councillor for the Town of Okotoks for the past 8 years and a resident of Okotoks for 40 years. Ken is married to Melanie and they are raising their two children in the best community in Canada.
• Foothills/Okotoks Recreation Society (member)
• Okotoks/Foothills County Intermunicipal Committee (member)
• Friends of Champion Park Society (past member)
• Municipal Planning Commission (past member)
• Finance and Audit Committee (past Chairman)
• United Way Committee (past member)
• Family & Community Support Services (past member)
• Subdivision Development Appeal Board (past member)
• Work with senior levels of government to find solutions to secure a water pipeline from the Bow River.
• Maintain responsible taxation and deliver desired quality of life to our citizens.
• Plan for new recreational facilities in response to Town growth while maintaining current facilities.
• Create more affordable housing options.
• Work with our Protective Services to ensure that Okotoks remains a safe and protected community.
• Support and continue to develop more youth and senior programs.
• Support the development of a performing arts centre that can accommodate all user groups.
• Support small business (my wife and I owned a small business in Okotoks for 15 years).
• Support Sustainable Okotoks, world‐renowned for environmental responsibility.
Copyright © 2021 Ken Heemeryck - All Rights Reserved.